Whenever I bring new friends to church I love walking them into our sanctuary. It’s just so beautiful. I’m grateful for those who had the insight to invest in making that space a wonderful place to worship our incomparable Lord. What is your favorite part of that room?
I am happy to announce that we are about to spruce up another crucial part of our building, namely our Fellowship Hall. That space is used for so much ministry: bible studies, Sunday school, wedding receptions, Alpha, Celebrate Recovery, church-wide meals, celebrations of all sorts, and 10am conversations over snacks all happen in that space. I wonder what you have learned or discovered while being taught in that room. Or who you have enjoyed getting to know over a meal.
On or about July 22, renovations will begin to make that space more functional and more beautiful so more ministry can take place there. I think you are going to love the final result.
But for 3 or 4 weeks it will be disruptive to the flow of traffic and normal ministry as every door to that room will be locked. All scheduled gatherings have been moved to alternative rooms and no one will be able to cut through it on the way to somewhere else. Here are some of the major impacts you should be aware of. (Please forgive me if there are implications I forget or fail to mention!)
- There will be no quick passageway from the classroom hallway to the sanctuary via the fellowship hall or vice versa.
- For a short walk to the sanctuary you may want to avoid parking on the right side of the building.
- To get from the sanctuary to the classroom hall for Sunday School, travel down the hallway behind the kitchen and through the old narthex.
- Tim Henderson’s Sunday School class will be held in the sanctuary.
- Snacks will not be served during the 10 o’clock hour throughout the renovation.
- Coffee will not be available in the Fellowship Hall or in its usual quantities. Jim Dillon will serve coffee out of the kitchen in the front narthex, but quantities will be limited so consider making coffee at home.
Thanks for bearing with us during this brief time. I look forward to being with you in the new Fellowship Hall once the renovations are complete!