The next few weeks at Church of the Holy Spirit are some of the most exciting weeks we have. The Fall kickoff is always such a great time for people young and old, families, individuals, neighbors and friends alike to jump in more fully to what is means to be a healthy disciple of Jesus Christ. Even in the midst of this 2020 pandemic; we are still taking healthy steps to become more engaged disciples of Jesus Christ.
You will see listed below many of the great things we have kicking off in the next four weeks. There are links provided so you can learn more and register online where necessary.
Don’t let this world-wide pandemic keep you clustered up at home. Join a ministry, grow in your relationship with God in Christ. Step out, share your life, grow in healthy trust in Christ. All of these great ministries we have planned to do with proper social distancing, masks when needed and lots of love from God in Christ. As a staff at CHS, we pray that you take your next step this Fall as a healthy disciple in Jesus Christ.
2 Services Start Again this Sunday
- Starting this Sunday Sept. 13, we are back to two Sunday services. Be advised, we do have a new Sunday schedule. Our services are now 9 AM Sunday service, 10 AM Sunday school and then the 11 AM Sunday service. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE.
- Women’s Ministry is kicking strong in the next few weeks. Eight new women’s bible studies are starting within the next week. Some are through Zoom and some are face to face. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE AND REGISTER ONLINE.
- Come join Women’s Ministry to POWER UP with Truth, encouragement, and well-distanced fellowship! Let’s enjoy LifeWay’s Women Simulcast Highlights TOGETHER! CHS Sanctuary Saturday October 3rd, 2020 8:30am-12:30pm. FREE EVENT! Text “POWERUP” to 540-251-2200 to RSVP!
- Are you finding yourself in a new season of singleness? Our Divorce Care team is getting ready to offer our next course. This course will be all online with Zoom meetings using the great Divorce Care curriculum. To learn more about Divorce Care and to register for the group online, please go to www.divorcecare.org. Our Fall, 2020 class begins on October 6, 2020 and runs through January 5, 2021.
- Parents- Who thinks that parenting has gotten more complicated during COVID? Who agrees that technology is part of that complication? Things have changed and are changing, FAST! Parents, we need to get put our heads together and share some resources to help keep our families intact. Let’s use COVID to help our families THRIVE, not just survive. To that end, there will be a parent meeting during the Sunday School hour on Sunday Sept. 29th.
- Has this pandemic been hard for you? Are you asking those deeper questions about what is prayer, is God knowable, who is Jesus, why did Jesus die, etc? Research says these last 6 months have been very hard on most people. Our Alpha Course will kick off again starting Tuesday Sept. 29. Alpha is the best place to come for your own seeking questions or bring a friend, co-worker, family member who is searching for truth in the spiritual life. Free dinners and childcare. YOU CAN CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE, REGISTER ONLINE AND WATCH A VIDEO ABOUT ALPHA.
CHS Care Ministry
- CHS Care Ministry is excited to be offering an opportunity for individuals to gather with others who are struggling with memory abilities, through a new class called, “My Mind in Christ.” Through God’s Word, testimony, and coping skills, we will learn together on how to best cope with our memory issues and resulting frustrations. We will be meeting every other Monday beginning October 5th and ending December 14, 2020. We will be meeting from 10:30am to noon in Room M-237. We will be limiting the number of participates to the first 10 who sign up. To sign up, text the word “Mind” to 540-251-2200.
- GriefShare is beginning again this Fall. GriefShare is a Christ-centered support group that meets weekly to help individuals who are walking through grief after a loved one has passed away. GriefShare will meet on Tuesday evenings beginning September 15th for 13 weeks from 6:30pm to 8pm in Room M237. Call the church office to register.