Dear Church Family,
I’m looking forward to seeing you at our Christmas Eve services at 4pm and 8pm today. I hope you’ve invited your friends and family members! Tim will be preaching on Luke 2:8-14. Let’s be joyous in celebrating our Savior’s birth!
A few reminders:
- Our Family service at 4pm includes childcare for age 5 and under.
- If you can, come to the 8pm service so we don’t violate the fire code at 4pm!
- We thank you for your sacrificial giving this year.Please consider a year-end gift to CHS or a gift of appreciated stock. You can put year-end gifts in the collection plate on Sunday, December 29th. Mailed gifts must be postmarked no later than December 31, 2019 and personally delivered gifts by December 31, 2109. The Church Office will be open on December 31 from 9am-4pm. Tithe.ly online or text contributions must be submitted and completed before midnight on December 31st. Click here to give online. If you come by the office at a time when no one is in, you can put your cash/check in the CHS mailbox on the right side of the church entrance before you come up the driveway. Contributions placed in the mailbox after December 31st will not qualify for a charitable deduction in 2019. However, checks that are written, mailed, and postmarked in 2019 will be deductible in 2019, though they may not be received by CHS until 2020. Please keep in mind that stock gifts take a few days to process and must be initiated a few days prior to year-end. To initiate a stock gift, please call our broker, Jason Fletcher at LPL Financial at (540) 400-7611.
- The Church Office will close at Noon on Christmas Eve and will be closed on Christmas Day and December 26th. The office is not staffed on any Fridays, so will reopen on Monday, December 30th.
- As is our custom for the Sunday after Christmas, all Sunday School classes for kids, youth, and adults are cancelled for December 29th. The one exception is that Tim Harris will be having his class from 10-10:45 am in Room M306, so you are welcome to join him. There will be no Kid’s Praise on the 29th. Both services will be held, as usual.