Do you know what a Dagwood is?
Most of you are too young to remember the comic strip Blondie and the main character, Dagwood Bumstead. Dagwood would make these ridiculously, comically tall sandwiches that were over a foot tall and they became known as “a Dagwood!” The term has morphed from simply meaning a tall deli sandwich to meaning something that has many different parts or components.
Anyway, I have a “Dagwood” Enews for you. Several quick things to share:
- The CHS Downtown service kicked off this past Sunday, and it was a really sweet time of worship – we had 61 people there. The Downtown 7pm Sunday night service is a great service to invite unchurched friends to and to attend if you are traveling or unable to come to the main campus at 9 or 11.
- Archbishop Ben and Mama Gloria Kwashi are going to be staying with us from October 21st until perhaps Thanksgiving as he is treated for colorectal cancer. We are thrilled he can receive world class treatment that will undoubtedly save his life. Many of you will remember their compelling testimonies and overflowing joy. If you want a short reminder of their story, watch this video!
- It looks like the old Bishop Quigg will be having hip surgery soon so pray for me, my doctors and nurses, and Miss Annette. I am the worst patient and have the pain tolerance of a 3-year-old.
- The first of our CHS Bluegrass album songs, Pretty Polly, will be released this Friday, October 16th and will feature Ayden and Blane Young and our good friends Junior Sisk and Heather Mabe. Here is a link.
- Please remember to send emails and notes of thanks to Kim Worrell as she retires on October 30th. She has served the Lord and us well over the last 13 years and has shown the rest of us how to disciple, mentor, and pray!
- Welcome Erin Love as she steps up to lead Women’s Ministry. She begins in two weeks.
- Remember that as the political ugliness increases and TV news and social media prophets stir up enmity and exhibit the fruit of the flesh, that WE are a “set apart” people, holy to the Lord. We have a King and a Kingdom that is not of this world and we who are disciples of Jesus who are the light of the World. “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in Heaven.”
- Lastly, I give you my annual reminder that the deer go into rut Nov 1-20th which means deer will be running wild and running out in front of cars when you least expect it. Turn off your cell phones and be alert.