At Church of the Holy Spirit we believe:
- In the Holy Trinity of God: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. That is, God is three persons in one deity, as expressed by the Creeds of Nicea and Chalcedon.
- In the incarnation of God as a human being in the person of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, who was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life and performed miracles.
- We believe in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return to power and glory. This is the gospel (good news) of Jesus Christ.
- That the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the only infallible and authoritative Word of God. The Bible is a necessary and determinative standard for both faith and practice, our final judge of all human tradition.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful human beings, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. Regeneration is the new birth that comes to those who repent and believe the gospel.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit permanently indwells every true believer and gives the believer power to live a holy life. The Father sovereignly imparts the same spiritual gifts to today’s church that were manifest in the early church.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those who are saved to the resurrection of eternal life with the Holy Trinity, and those who are lost to eternal damnation and separation from God.
- We believe that the church of Jesus Christ, which is made up of true believers from every denomination, is to fulfill the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) by bringing the gospel to all the world.
Click here for our beliefs regarding infant baptism.